DR STEPHANIE HO
Place of Practice
Stephanie Ho Dermatology
9 Scotts Road, Pacific Plaza,
Tel:(65) 6262 0880
Sub-specialty interest: Skin surgery, Laser surgery, Skin cancer screening, Scar treatment, Paediatric dermatology
BSc (Hons), MBChB (Edinburgh), MRCP (UK), FAMS (DERMATOLOGY)
About Dr Ho
Dr Stephanie Ho is a British trained Consultant Dermatologist who is registered as a skin specialist both in Singapore and the United Kingdom. She has over 18 years of medical experience, and has practised in Edinburgh, London, Hong Kong and Singapore.
She graduated with a medical degree from the University of Edinburgh and attained her postgraduate degree in internal medicine in the United Kingdom. She completed her specialist dermatology training in London, having trained at various hospitals including the prestigious St John's Institute of Dermatology, Chelsea and Westminster, and Barts and The London NHS Trusts. She went on to practise dermatology as well as undertake extensive research at The University of Hong Kong in the use of lasers and lights, publishing numerous articles in international peer reviewed journals as well as contributing to dermatological book chapters. She then moved back to Singapore and was a Consultant Dermatological Surgeon at the National Skin Centre in Singapore with an interest in surgery and lasers before setting up her own private practice - Stephanie Ho Dermatology.
Active in research and education, Dr Ho has published over 20 publications in journals and book chapters, and is an invited reviewer for several international dermatology journals. In addition, she presents regularly at local, regional and international conferences as well as public forums. She has also been actively involved in the teaching of medical students and other fellow doctors throughout her career.
Her international experience has provided exposure to a great diversity of people and skin conditions, and she is equally comfortable treating adults and children of all skin types. She is warm, engaging, and passionate about making a dermatologist's advice more accessible to everyone. A visit to her office can be for any skin condition, medical or cosmetic, serious or benign. Not only does she strive to guide her patients in the management of frustrating skin conditions with scientifically based advice, she also understands how a subtly enhanced appearance can greatly improve self-esteem and confidence, and is an expert with the use of lasers and injectables with a light touch. She seeks to offer personalised stratagies for each individual patient, bridging the gap between traditional dermatology and beauty.
Dr Stephanie Ho is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Your skin is your largest organ and we are here to help you look after it. At Stephanie Ho Dermatology, we strive to provide expert skin care strategies for your medical and aesthetic dermatological needs.
Being a trained dermatologist with specialist interest in surgery and aesthetics, Dr Ho is able to provide a one-stop centre for all your skin concerns. We are able to treat all skin, hair or nail issues, perform skin cancer screening, surgically remove abnormal moles or skin lesions, as well as rejuvenate the skin with advanced aesthetic treatments. With such comprehensive services all under one roof, it saves you visiting different doctors for each of your needs. Most importantly, we placed great emphasis on safety and effectiveness of all our treatments and you can expect the highest standards of care from your specialist dermatologist.
We are proud and honoured that entire families sometimes visit us. We strive to offer exceptional care to each and every member of the family. We are friendly and approachable, and accustomed to treating even young babies and toddlers. With care and attention, we employ the latest treatments and techniques to improve the skin of the whole family.
Our skin specialist with extensive international experience can help you manage a wide variety of medical skin conditions involving the skin, hair, or nails. Whether it is a rash, acne problems, suspicious mole or thinning of hair, we strive to offer you the most appropriate and effective treatment, leading to fast and satisfactory results. Your visit to the specialist will start with a thorough consultation and examination, followed by appropriate tests if necessary. The diagnosis will then be explained to you and a personalised management plan determined for each individual patient.
We understand how important the skin health of your child is. We also understand how a trip to the doctor can be daunting for your child. Our friendly team can help manage your child’s skin, hair, or nails, always with a twinkle and a smile, so you can be assured of exceptional care for the whole family.
• Allergies in Children
• Eczema in Children
• Moles and Birthmarks
• Skin Infections in Children
• Cradle Cap
• Diaper Rash
Discover how radiant your real, healthy skin can be, for any skin type, at any age. To freshen and brighten, we use top of the range evidence based lasers and injectables to deliver customized treatments using combination treatments, for maximum effects with minimal complications. We have a comprehensive suite of high quality lasers from the US and Europe, and only use products with a good track record of safety and efficacy.
• Customized Rejuvenation
• Essential Skin Care
• Injectables - Botox and Fillers
• Laser for Acne Scarring
• Laser for Birthmarks
• Laser for Hair Removal
• Laser for Mole Removal
• Lasers for Pigmentation and Rejuvenation
• Laser for Redness, Acne Marks and Scars
• Scar Treatment
• Skin Tightening
• Superstar Treatment
We pride ourselves in providing exceptional care and treatment to every patient requiring skin surgery, whether it is for the removal of skin cancers, or harmless lumps or bumps on the face, body, scalp or nail. We are able to offer same-day removal service for most lesions at our on-site surgical theatre. Most procedures can be performed with minimal discomfort using local anaesthesia and you can be assured of expert aftercare for wound management and scar minimisation.
• Age Spot Removal
• Cyst Removal
• Mole Removal
• Pincer or Ingrown Nail Removal
• Skin Biopsy
• Skin Excision
• Skin Lumps and Bumps Removal
• Skin Tag Removal
• Wart Removal
• Chapter of Dermatologists, College of Physicians Singapore
• Dermatological Society of Singapore
• Fellow, Academy of Medicine of Singapore
• Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom)
• American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Sutherland FW, Ho SGY, Campanella C. Pneumomediastinum during spontaneous vaginal delivery. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2002;73: 314-5
- Ho SG, White IR, Rycroft RJG, McFadden JP. Allergic contact dermatitis from para-phenylenediamine in Bigen powder hair dye. Contact Dermatitis 2004 Aug; 51(2): 93-4
- Ho SG, White IR, Rycroft RJ, McFadden JP. A new approach to patch testing patients with para-phenylenediamine allergy secondary to temporary black henna tattoos. Contact Dermatitis 2004 Oct; 51(4): 213-4
- Ho SGY, Yu RC. A case of multicentric reticulohistiocytosis with multiple lytic skull lesions. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2005; 30: 515-518
- Ho SG, Basketter DA, Jefferies D, Rycroft RJ, White IR, McFadden JP. Analysis of para-phenylenediamine allergic patients in relation to strength of patch test reaction. British Journal of Dermatology 2005 Aug; 153(2): 364-367
- Patel S, Basketter DA, Jefferies D, White IR, Rycroft RJG, McFadden JP, Ho SG. Patch test frequency to p-phenylenediamine: follow up over the last 6 years. Contact Dermatitis 2007; 56: 35-37
- Ho SG, Chan HH. The Asian dermatologic patient: review of common pigmentary disorders and cutaneous diseases. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology 2009; 10(3): 153- 68
- Ho SG, Yeung CK, Chan HH. Methotrexate versus traditional Chinese medicine in psoriasis: a randomised placebo controlled trial to determine efficacy, safety and quality of life issues. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2010; 35(7): 717-722
- Chan NP, Ho SG, Shek SY, Yeung CK, Chan HH. A case series of facial depigmentation associated with low fluence Q- switched 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser for skin rejuvenation and melasma. Lasers Surg Med 2010 Oct; 42(8): 712-9
- Chan NP, Ho SG, Yeung CK, Shek SY, Chan HH. Fractional ablative carbon dioxide laser resurfacing for skin rejuvenation and acne scars in Asians. Lasers Surg Med 2010 Nov; 42(9): 615-23
- Chan NP, Ho SG, Yeung CK, Shek SY, Chan HH. The use of non-ablative fractional resurfacing in Asian acne scar patients. Lasers Surg Med 2010 Dec; 42(10): 870-5
- Ho SG, Yeung CK, Chan NP, Shek SY, Kono T, Chan HH. A retrospective analysis of the management of acne post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation using topical treatment, laser treatment or combination topical and laser treatments in Oriental patients. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 2011 Jan; 43(1): 1-7
- Ho SG, Yeung CK, Chan, NP, Shek SY, Chan HH. A comparison of Q-switched and long-pulsed alexandrite laser for the treatment of freckles and lentigines in Oriental patients. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine 2011 Feb; 43(2): 108-113
- Chan NP, Shek SY, Yu CS, Ho SG, Yeung CK, Chan HH. Safety study of transcutaneous focused ultrasound for non-invasive skin tightening in Asians. Lasers Surg Med 2011 Jul; 43(5):366-75
- Ho SG, Chan NP, Yeung CK, Shek SY, Kono T, Chan HH. A retrospective analysis of the management of freckles and lentigines using four different pigment lasers on Asian skin. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2012 Apr; 14(2): 74-80
- Ho SG, Yeung CK, Chan NP, Shek SY, Chan HH. A retrospective study of the management of Chinese melasma patients using a 1927 nm fractional thulium fiber laser. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, 2013 Aug; 15(4):200-6
- Sharma N, Ho SG, Bing TK, McCormack C, Scolyer R, Lee J. Eruptive disseminated Spitz naevus (EDSN) in a young girl of Indian origin. Australasian Journal of Dermatology, 2015 May; 56(2): 134-6
- Ho SG, Goh CL. Laser tattoo removal: A clinical update. Journal of cutaneous and aesthetic surgery, 2015; 8(1): 9-15
1. Chan HHL, Ho SGY. 2008. Special Considerations in Asian/Far Eastern Skin. In: Alam M, Bhatia AC, Kundu RV, Yoo SS, Chan HHL, eds. Cosmetic Dermatology for Skin of Color, 1st edition, Chapter 21. United States: McGraw-Hill
2. Ho SGY, Chan HHL. 2013. Laser treatment of ethnic skin. In: Hruza GJ, Avram MM, Dover JS, Alam M, eds. Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology: Lasers and Lights, 3rd edition, Chapter 10. United States: Elsevie
3. Goh CL, Ho SGY. 2016. Lasers for Tattoo Removal. In: Lahiri K, De A, Sarda A, eds. Textbook of Lasers in Dermatology, 1st edition, Chapter 17. India: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers
4. Chan HHL, Ho SGY. 2017. Laser treatment of ethnic skin. In: Hruza GJ, Tanzi EL, Dover JS, Alam M, eds. Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology: Lasers and Lights, 4th edition, Chapter 10. United States: Elsevier