a. SingaporeDoc is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who provide personal information to it, including but not limited to information provided through our website.
b. This policy sets out the basis which SingaporeDoc collects, uses, discloses, stores, and disposes of personal data in accordance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (2012) (the “Act” or “PDPA”). This policy applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
2. UNDERSTANDING OF PERSONAL DATA
a. “Personal data” generally refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who is identifiable from the provided data or information to which we have or are likely to have access to. This will include the data from our records which may be updated from time to time.
b. The personal data that SingaporeDoc may collect and/or hold of individuals includes but is not limited to the following:
- Personal details, such as name, age, gender, medical condition, professional qualifications; name of referring doctor, name of medical specialist or allied service provider you would like to consult and/or its branch/clinic, preferred time and date of appointment
- Personal contact details such as telephone numbers, email addresses, name of clinic, place of medical practice;
- Photographs and other audio visual information;
SingaporeDoc endeavours to only collect, use or disclose personal data about an individual which it considers reasonably necessary for the purposes underlying such collection, use or disclosure.
3. PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
a. SingaporeDoc collects personal data directly from you when you:
- Register online or call our hotline for medical appointments, programmes, seminars, talks, workshops and activities;
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Voluntarily write to us to enquire about our services.
- Voluntarily give your data to support our fund-raising efforts for our charities
b. SingaporeDoc may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- When you visit a General Practitioner who helps you make an appointment with a medical specialist or an allied medical service provider through our website.
- Where you are providing personal data on behalf of others, you confirm that you have obtained the consent of these individuals for the use and disclosure of their personal data for the purposes stated herein.
4. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
All personal data will be used for the purpose for which it was collected.
SingaporeDoc collects your data so that we can:
- track referrals made through our site for purposes of billing, facilitating appointments and to determine the amount to contribute to our adopted charities;
- communicate any change in appointment time, venue, time etc of programmes, seminars, talks and workshops;
- disseminate information and news by way of newsletters, social media platforms and emails;
- prepare and publish profiles of our medical specialists and allied medical service providers;
- conduct surveys on customer experience/satisfaction and distribute tokens of appreciation eg gift vouchers, festive goodies etc for our users’ participation in the same
b. Where SingaporeDoc collects data for purposes other than those listed above, SingaporeDoc would disclose such purpose to the individual, by suitable means, when collecting the personal data from the individual.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
a. SingaporeDoc may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data to third parties (including but not limited to specialist clinics, imaging centres or other allied medical partners in order to arrange for appointments), whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, in order to carry out the purposes set out above. Where SingaporeDoc makes such disclosure, confidentiality agreements would be in place in order to protect the personal data.
b. SingaporeDoc may distribute aggregated statistical information to governmental agencies for reporting purposes. In most cases, personal data will be anonymised such that no individual will be identified.
c. SingaporeDoc may from time to time use the personal information of medical entities and medical specialists in the general publicity and conduct of its events and programmes.
d. SingaporeDoc may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside of Singapore. Where SingaporeDoc does so, SingaporeDoc will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
By providing your personal data to SingaporeDoc, you consent to the SingaporeDoc’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this policy statement.
7. ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
SingaporeDoc strives to ensure the accuracy of the personal data it has. However the individual also plays a part to ensure that the personal data provided is correct. Please see the sections below on how you may correct any errors or omissions of your personal data.
8. ACCESS OF PERSONAL DATA
a. You may request for access to your personal data.
b. All access requests must be made in person to be directed to the relevant Data Protection Officer (see below).
c. You may request that SingaporeDoc corrects any error or omission in relation to your personal data using the prescribed form.
9. WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
a. Any individual who wishes to withdraw his or her consent to any collection, use or disclosure of his or her personal data may do so by contacting SingaporeDoc’s Data Protection Officer. SingaporeDoc will advise on the exact timeframe required to respond to the notification and effect any change. However all changes to be effected should be implemented no more than one month from the date of notification.
b. If any individual withholds or withdraws his / her consent to the collection, use and disclosure of his / her personal data, SingaporeDoc may not be able to:
- Disseminate information on future initiatives, programmes, seminars, talks, workshops, activities;
- Disseminate information and news by way of newsletters, social media platforms, emails and the like
10. SECURITY, PROTECTION AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
a. SingaporeDoc will take reasonable security measures to safeguard the personal data collected.
b. SingaporeDoc will only retain the personal data collected for as long as it is required for the fulfilment of the purposes or allowed by any applicable law to be retained.
c. Any unsolicited personal data that SingaporeDoc receives from individuals will be assessed to determine whether it is necessary to retain any of this data to provide the individual with any services that they have requested.
11. QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
a. If there are any queries about this policy or feedback regarding the handling of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
- Data Protection Officer: Ms Juliana Lee
b. All feedback is taken seriously and will be reviewed accordingly. SingaporeDoc will endeavour to resolve all raised issues efficiently.
12. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
SingaporeDoc may from time to time review this policy statement and amend it to reflect changes in legislation or other operation requirements.
13. NON APPLICATION OF GDPR
SingaporeDoc is a service provider based outside the EU and provides services to customers outside the EU. As SingaporeDoc does not specifically target our services at individuals in the EU, we are therefore not subject to the rules of the GDPR.