DR ERIC CHONG
Place of Practice
ESC Cardiovascular & Medicine Clinic
Farrer Park Medical Centre
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
MBBS, MCRP, FAMS, GDFM FACCC, FESC, FAsCC FAPSIC, FSCAI (Intervention), CCDS, CEPS, EHRA, (Cardiac Device) SCCT (II)
Dr Eric Silvio Chong is a senior consultant cardiologist at the Farrer Park Hospital. He also has practicing privilege in Mount Elizabeth and Gleneagles hospitals. He was previously the director of cardiology and director cardiac catheterization lab in several restructured hospitals in Singapore. He set up and pioneered emergency 24/7 coronary angioplasty services and pacemaker / defibrillator services in Government Hospitals during his service.
Additionally, Dr Chong is a trainer for advanced coronary angioplasty and rotablation for complex coronary interventions as well as trainer for pacemaker, defibrillator device implantation. Dr Chong holds multiple certifications and awards from around the world.
Dr Eric Chong has won numerous awards and achievements. Some of these awards include:
- Gold Medal in the Young Investigators Award in the Asia-Pacific Cardiac Society Congress in 2007.
- Best Research Paper Gold medal winner the Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore in 2010.
- Gold medal in clinical research oral presentation in the Singapore Malaysia Congress of Medicine in 2011.
- First prize oral research presentation in the National Health Group annual scientific meeting in 2008.
and many more.
In addition to his accreditation and experience in both Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology sub-specialties, Dr. Chong also performs ambulatory and imaging cardiology service on a regular basis. He is well experienced in all types of screening services, such as Holter Reporting, Treadmill Reporting, Ecg Analysis and many more.
Hear Screening is a comprehensive, non-invasive technology that identifies a person's risk of developing heart disease before serious, irreversible damage or sudden death occurs.
Some of our heart screening tests include:
1. Detailed Specialist Consultation
2. Physical Examination
3. Essential blood and urine tests including:
• Haematology Panel
• Lipid / Cardiac Risk Profile
• Diabetic Screen
• Kidney Function Test & Serum Electrolytes
• Bone / Joint Profile
• Liver Function Test
• Sexual Transmitted Disease Screen (VDRL)
• Inflammation Marker
• Urine Microscopic Analysis
• Urine Microalbumin
• Urine Creatinine
• Urine Microalbumin/Creatinine Ratio
4. Non-invasive Cardiovascular Hemodynamic Assessment including:
• Blood Pressure and Mean Arterial Pressure
• Cardiac Stroke Volume
• Stroke Index
• Cardiac Output
• Cardiac Index
• Cardiac Power Index
• Total Peripheral Vascular Resistance
• Total Peripheral Resistance Index
• Body Impedance
• Total Body Water and Index
• Heart Rhythm Electrogram
• Respiratory Rate
5. Follow-up Review Consultation
An interventional cardiologist has advanced education and training in diagnosing and treating cardiovascular disease through catheter-based procedures, such as angioplasty and stenting, intracoronary imaging and pressure flow assessment of coronary lesions and debulking of calcified coronary plaques. A cardiac device specialist has advanced training in pacemaker and defibrillator implantation and programming.
Some of the procedures that Interventional Cardiologist Dr Eric Chong provides includes:
• Pacemaker Implantation
• Coronary Angiogram
• Stenting and Coronary Angioplasty
• Loop Recorder Implantation
• Defibrillator Implantation and more