DR ABEL SOH WAH EK
Place of Practice
Abel Soh Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrine Clinic
3 Mt Elizabeth,
Tel: (65) 6262 2008
Consultant Endocrinologist & Physician
MBBS (Singapore), MRCP (UK)
Dr Abel Soh graduated with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.,B.S.) from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 2000. He trained in Internal Medicine at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and attained the Membership of the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom [MRCP (UK)] in 2006. He then pursued Advanced Specialist Training in Endocrinology at SGH and obtained his Specialist Accreditation in Endocrinology by the Ministry of Health (MOH) in 2010.
In 2010, Dr Soh was awarded the SingHealth Health Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) fellowship in Diabetes in Pregnancy at the Joslin Diabetes Centre, USA. Upon his return from the USA, he co-ran the Gestational Diabetes Joint Clinic (GDJC) in SGH together with the obstetricians. He initiated the pre-Ramadan counselling program for Muslim patients with diabetes at SGH in 2011. In 2012, he received the Singapore Health Quality Service Gold Award.
Dr Soh was actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching at SGH. He served as Adjunct Assistant Professor in Medicine at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School and Clinical Senior Lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS. He was also in the Core Faculty of the SingHealth Internal Medicine Residency program. Dr Soh has published in several peer-reviewed scientific journals and has also penned two book chapters. He is currently the Vice-President of the Singapore Association for the Study of Obesity (SASO).
Dr Soh joined Raffles Hospital as consultant endocrinologist from 2013 to 2016 to further consolidate his clinical experience in the management of endocrinological conditions in both local and international patients.
In April 2016, Abel Soh Diabetes, Thyroid and Endocrine Clinic was set up to fulfil his vision of providing holistic endocrinological care for his patients. With his extensive clinical experience in the managing patients with diabetes mellitus, thyroid diseases, lipid disorders, calcium disorders and osteoporosis, obesity, adrenal and pituitary diseases, Dr Soh endeavors to provide individualized care and the highest quality treatment for all of his patients.
• Management of type 1 and type 2 diabetes
• Management of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)
• Continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)
• Insulin pump treatment
• Evaluation and management of all forms of hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism
• Management of thyroid disease in pregnancy
• On-site ultrasound scanning of the thyroid gland)
• Fine needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodules
• Management of thyroid cancer
CALCIUM DISORDERS / OSTEOPOROSIS
• Evaluation and management of calcium disorders (including parathyroid disorders and vitamin D deficiency)
• Evaluation and management of osteoporosis
LIPID / CHOLESTEROL DISORDERS & OBESITY
• Evaluation and management of lipid / cholesterol disorders
• Evaluation and management of overweight and obesity
• Dynamic hormonal testing of the pituitary gland
• Evaluation and management of hyperprolactinemia, acromegaly, pituitary tumors, growth hormone deficiency and hypopituitarism
• Evaluation and management of endocrine hypertension (including primary aldosteronism and pheochromocytoma)
• Evaluation of incidentally discovered adrenal nodules
• Evaluation and management of adrenal insufficiency
• Diagnosis and management of Cushing’s syndrome
• Evaluation and management of oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea (including polycystic ovary syndrome)
• Diagnosis and management of low testosterone level
• Diagnosis and management of low blood glucose level in individuals without diabetes mellitus
• Evaluation and management of low / high sodium and/or potassium levels