a. SingaporeDoc is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who provide personal information to it, including those information provided through our website.
b. The personal data collected by SingaporeDoc, enables us to communicate to our users details about various initiatives, programmes, events, workshops and other activities of SingaporeDoc and other related purposes. SingaporeDoc is bound by the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (2012) (the “Act” or “PDPA”) that governs how the SingaporeDoc collects, uses and/or discloses any personal data.
c. This policy describes ways in which SingaporeDoc collects, uses, discloses, stores, and disposes of personal information.
2. Understanding of personal data
a. “Personal data” generally refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who is identifiable from the provided data or information to which we have or are likely to have access to. This will include the data from our records which may be updated from time to time.
b. The personal data that SingaporeDoc may collect and/or hold of individuals includes but is not limited to the following:
• Personal details, such as name, NRIC number, age, gender, medical condition, professional qualifications
• Personal contact details such as telephone numbers, email addresses, name of clinic, place of medical practice
• SingaporeDoc endeavours to only collect, use or disclose personal data about an individual which it considers reasonably necessary for the purposes underlying such collection, use or disclosure.
3. Purpose of collecting personal data
a. SingaporeDoc collects personal data for purposes such as those indicated below:
• To register for medical appointments, programmes, seminars, talks, workshops and activities;
• To communicate any change in the venue, time etc of the above activities,
• To disseminate information and news by way of newsletters, social media platforms, emails and the like;
• To prepare and publish profiles of our medical specialists;
• To conduct surveys on customer experience/satisfaction and distribute tokens of appreciation eg gift vouchers, festive goodies etc for our users’ participation in the same
b. Where SingaporeDoc collects data for purposes other than those listed above, SingaporeDoc would disclose such purpose to the individual, by suitable means, when collecting the personal data from the individual.
c. Personal data will generally be obtained directly from the individual or from the medical entity.
4. Use of personal data
All personal data will be used for the purpose for which it was collected. SingaporeDoc may also use the personal data for purposes which are permitted by law.
5. Disclosure of personal data
a. SingaporeDoc may from time to time and in compliance with all applicable laws on data privacy, disclose your personal data to third parties (including but not limited to specialist clinics, imaging centres or other allied medical partners in order to arrange for appointments), whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, in order to carry out the purposes set out above. Where SingaporeDoc makes such disclosure, confidentiality agreements would be in place in order to protect the personal data.
b. SingaporeDoc may distribute aggregated statistical information to governmental agencies for reporting purposes. In most cases, personal data will be anonymised such that no individual will be identified.
c. SingaporeDoc may from time to time use the personal information of medical entities and medical specialists in the general publicity and conduct of its events and programmes.
d. SingaporeDoc may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside of Singapore. Where SingaporeDoc does so, SingaporeDoc will comply with the PDPA and other applicable data protection and privacy laws.
By providing your personal data to SingaporeDoc, you consent to the SingaporeDoc’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data in accordance with this policy statement.
7. Accuracy of information
SingaporeDoc strives to ensure the accuracy of the personal data it has. However the individual also plays a part to ensure that the personal data provided is correct. Please see the sections below on how you may correct any errors or omissions of your personal data.
8. Access of personal data
a. You may request for access to your personal data.
b. All access requests must be made in person to be directed to the relevant Data Protection Officer (see below).
c. You may request that SingaporeDoc corrects any error or omission in relation to your personal data using the prescribed form.
9. Withdrawal of consent
a. Any individual who wishes to withdraw his or her consent to any collection, use or disclosure of his or her personal data may do so by contacting SingaporeDoc’s Data Protection Officer. SingaporeDoc will advise on the exact timeframe required to respond to the notification and effect any change. However all changes to be effected should be implemented no more than one month from the date of notification.
b. If any individual withholds or withdraws his / her consent to the collection, use and disclosure of his / her personal data, SingaporeDoc may not be able to:
• Disseminate information on future initiatives, programmes, seminars, talks, workshops, activities;
• Disseminate information and news by way of newsletters, social media platforms, emails and the like
10. Security, protection and retention of personal information
a. SingaporeDoc will take reasonable security measures to safeguard the personal data collected.
b. SingaporeDoc will only retain the personal data collected for as long as it is required for the fulfilment of the purposes or allowed by any applicable law to be retained.
c. Any unsolicited personal data that SingaporeDoc receives from individuals will be assessed to determine whether it is necessary to retain any of this data to provide the individual with any services that they have requested.
11. Questions and feedback
a. If there are any queries about this policy or feedback regarding the handling of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
• Data Protection Officer: Ms Juliana Lee
b. All feedback is taken seriously and will be reviewed accordingly. SingaporeDoc will endeavour to resolve all raised issues efficiently.
12. Changes to the policy
SingaporeDoc may from time to time review this policy statement and amend it to reflect changes in legislation or other operation requirements.