DR CHEE JING JYE
Place of Practice
The Obstetrics & Gynaecology Centre
|290 Orchard Road, #16-07/08, Paragon,
Tel: (65) 6735 3000
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Specialty Interest: Maternal Fetal Medicine with expertise in areas such as First Trimester Screening for Down Syndrome and high-risk pregnancy
MBBS (S'pore), MRCOG (UK), FAMS
Dr JJ Chee is an obstetrician and gynaecologist who subspecialises in Maternal Fetal Medicine with expertise in areas such as First Trimester Screening for Down Syndrome and high-risk pregnancy. Her current practice includes general obstetrics and gynaecology, providing a wide range of obstetrical and gynaecological services for women of all ages, employing proven diagnostic and therapeutic techniques.
Dr Chee graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1996 with Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degrees (MBBS). She obtained her post-graduate qualification from the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecology (United Kingdom) in 2001. Thereafter, Dr Chee achieved Specialist Accreditation with the Ministry of Health Singapore and the Singapore Medical Council in 2004.
Dr Chee was Consultant and Head of the Peripartum Unit, Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, KK Women's and Children's Hospital till the time she joined the Singapore Medical Group in February 2010. As the Head of the Peripartum Unit, Dr Chee supervised the medical management of the Delivery Suite in KK Hospital which has more than 12,000 deliveries annually. Dr Chee has a special interest in high-risk pregnancies. In KK Hospital, Dr Chee chaired the weekly Caesarean Section Audit, Obstetric High-Risk Consultation, supervised the running of the Obstetric High-Risk Clinic and chaired the Perinatal Morbidity and Mortality Round. Dr Chee had been instrumental in the development of numerous in-house patient education pamphlets, protocols and clinical guidelines for KK Hospital like Vaginal Birth after Caesarean section, External Cephalic Version Clinic and Group B Streptococcus in Pregnancy.
Dr Chee is accredited by the Fetal Medicine Foundation to do Nuchal Translucency Scan for First Trimester Screening for Down Syndrome and is accredited to perform Advanced Obstetric Ultrasound Scans by KK Hospital.
Dr Chee is a very dedicated teacher to medical undergraduates, resident physicians, visiting fellows and nursing colleagues alike. Before Dr Chee left for private practice, she was the Adjunct Assistant Professor to Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School and also the Clinical Lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin (YLL) School of Medicine, NUS. She was the examiner at the MBBS Obstetrics and Gynaecology Examinations held at YLL School of Medicine since 2007. Dr Chee received numerous nominations from medical undergraduates from Duke-NUS and YLL School of Medicine for Best Teacher Award.
Dr Chee's compassion and patient-centred care is evidenced by the numerous awards she was bestowed with over the years. Every year from 2007 till 2009, she was the recipient of Service from the Heart Award. This is an award given to KK Hospital staff who receive many accolades from patients. The Excellent Service Award or EXSA is a national award that recognises individuals who have delivered outstanding service. Dr Chee was conferred Silver, Gold and Star EXSA Awards in the years 2005, 2008 and 2009 respectively. Dr Chee was also one of the few nominees for the SuperStar Award in 2009.
• High Risk Pregnancy
• Routine Antenatal Care
• Obstetric Ultrasound Scans
• Invasive Procedures for Antenatal Diagnosis
• Screening for Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
• Assessment of Pre-Eclampsia
• Screening for Group B Streptococcus
• Postpartum Care
• Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
• Absent Menstrual Periods
• Dilatation & Curettage
• Management of Unwanted Pregnancy
• Ovarian Cysts
• Pre-conception Screening & Counselling
• Perimenopausal And Menopausal Care
• Ultrasound Pelvis
• Health screening
• Medical Director, The Obstetrics & Gynaecology Centre
• Member, SMG Medical Board
• Member, O&G Society, Singapore
• Member, Perinatal Society of Singapore
• Member, Society for Colposcopy & Cervical Pathology of Singapore
• Visiting Consultant, Mount Elizabeth Hospital
• Visiting Consultant, Gleneagles Hospital
• Visiting Consultant, Parkway East Hospital
• Visiting Consultant, Mount Alvernia Hospital
• Visiting Consultant, Thomson Medical Centre
• Consultant and Head of the Peripartum Unit, Department of Maternal Fetal Medicine, KK Women's and Children's Hospital
• Adjunct Assistant Professor to Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
• Clinical Lecturer in the Yong Loo Lin (YLL) School of Medicine, National University of Singapore
• Examiner at the MBBS Obstetrics and Gynaecology Examinations held at YLL School of Medicine