DR JULIAN TAN
Place of Practice
The Heart Specialist Clinic
#14-09/10, Mt Elizabeth Medical Centre,
Sub-specialty Interest: Interventional Cardiology; Percutaneous Coronary Intervention; Structural Heart Intervention; Renal Denervation
FRCP (Edin), FESC, FSCAI, FAPSIC, MBBS (Singapore), MMed (Internal Medicine), MRCP (UK), ACSM (Clinical Exercise Specialist), FAMS (Cardiology)
Dr Julian Tan is a physician and cardiologist at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. He is proficient in all aspects of interventional cardiology, including complex bifurcation and CTO interventions.
Whilst at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, he was Principal Investigator of many multinational clinical trials (DELIVER, DEB-Only, SIGNIFY, REDUCE, RESPECT-HF), and Co-investigator in many landmark trials (PLATO, CURRENT, IMPROVE-IT). With numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, he has been invited as faculty to lecture in regional/international Cardiology conferences (AsiaPCR, EuroPCR, TCTAP, HKSTENT, ECC, TOPIC, CCT).
Julian is a Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS and a Core Clinical Faculty Member of the NHG Cardiology Senior Residency Program and a Clinical Teacher at the Lee Long Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine).
Julian was conferred MOH’s Healthcare Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship to pursue fellowship training in Interventional Cardiology, at the Alfred Heart Centre and Epworth Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. Besides complex percutaneous coronary interventions, he performs peripheral endovascular interventions and renal nerve denervation, and structural heart interventions (TAVR, PFO/ASD closures, LAA occluder, balloon aortic and mitral valvuloplasties).
Julian has a particular interest in the performing of complex percutaneous coronary intervention, namely bifurcation coronary intervention and chronic total occlusion (CTO) intervention.
• Balloon Angioplasty
• Balloon Valvuloplasty
• Coronary Angiography
• Coronary Stenting
• Structural Heart Interventions
• Peripheral Intervention
General Cardiology Services:
• Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
• Cardiac Catheterization
• General Cardiac Screening
• Treadmill Exercise Stress Test
• INR Monitoring
• 2D, 3D & Cardiac Dyssnchrony Studies
• Transeophageal Echocardiography
• Dobutamine Stress Echocardiography
Arrthmia & Cardiac Electrophysiology:
• Holter ECG
• Catheter Ablation of Cardiac Arrhythmia
• Cardiac Electrophysiological Studies
• Cardiac Resynchronisation Interrogation & Programming
• Event ECG Recorders & Monitoring
• Heart Rate Variability, Heart Rate Turbulence & QT Analysis
• Lead and Device Extraction
• Pacemaker Interrogation & Programming
• Signal Average ECG Testing